Tuesday, August 30, 2011

5 Months Down

Today is the completion of 5 months of this deployment. It has been a long, crazy deployment. Today I think about how far I have come in 5 months but I also think about how much I am missing my best friend and how much time I still have left to go. He is missing out on SO much of our lives to make other people's lives better. Sometimes we sit and think is this lifestyle worth it? To my husband, yes it is. I am extremely proud of my husband everyday for the job that he does so selflessly.

It is also a trying job on the home front as well. I am basically a single mom to 3 very active children on an isolated base. I really am thankful for the amazing friends that I have that keep me sane and support me through these trying times. Military wives tend to form a tight bond and they really become an extension of your family. I have made some friends that I gladly call family!

To my husband...we are patiently waiting for your return. Blake, Abby, Brynn and I miss you so much and are so proud of you and the job that you and your Marines are doing. We can't wait to have you back! We love you!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 5 months friend! I will continue to pray for you, the kiddos and Geoff's safe return (along with all of his Marines). Hope you can make it to San Diego at least one more time before he gets home so we can have another play date :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((((HUGS))))))))) and YAY for 5 months!!

    ReplyDelete